The Taffetas

Yesterday's Results
The scale reads: 145 lbs. (Analog scale - doesn't count since it was at a different time of day and a post-brunch measurement) Goal: 137 lbs.

The stupid Wal*mart pedometer reads: 8794 steps, 2.22 mi., 364.8 calories (I don't know how many more steps I had since I left the pedometer at home while I was out and about so I'm pretty happy I did that many more extra steps)

Other aerobic activities:
  • Climbing 4 flights of steps, twice


Are you doing the pony?
Image courtesy of Weight Loss Minds

I was pretty grumpy yesterday because the neighbor kids were raising such a fuss. Friday afternoon madness, I guess? I walked around plenty, but that didn't calm my nerves. What did the job was watching The Taffetas later that evening. My friend was playing drums that night for this musical and she encouraged me to go. She didn't have to twist my arm. She said the magic words, "It's a musical based on '50s music." Man, oh, man. I was the only Asian gal there and probably the youngest person that actually knew the music, but it was a jolly good time singing along with 4-part harmonies of tunes I used to hear on K-Earth 101. Even K-Earth makes me sad these days whenever I go back and visit SoCal. No one plays '50s music anymore! Once I hear that music though, my toes start tapping and I want to cut loose, footloose?

I guess what would help with my weight loss goals is finding a new '50s inspired aerobics workout that's not "Sweating to the Oldies."

Gosh, I miss the old days of radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedentary

Progress Report Mind: 12-day Headspace streak Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus AIAA Hous...