Eyes Still Glazed Over from Grubbing

Results After 2 Weeks of Tomfoolery
The scale reads: 149 lbs. (Digital scale) Goal: 127 lbs.

This is not too bad considering I usually pack on 10 lbs. after a week-long visit to the hometown. I'm happy I only gained 4 lbs. and stayed somewhat physically active.

Before I went off to the City of Angels, I was enlightened by the following quote:

If you try to optimize every decision and you define optimization as doing things as cheaply as possible, you might end up with a steaming pile of crap.
-Guy Kawasaki

Kawasaki's article on social media kind of reminded me of this whole rigmarole of finding an inexpensive pedometer. I do have a steamin' pile of pedometer junk! The most recent cheap-o one I bought a month or two ago finally expired (well the spring still gauges vertical motion, but the clip broke and it doesn't warrant a super glue job here).

Forget that mess.

I just bought the Omron HJ-112!

Jodi's suggestion of purchasing a new SD card sooner than later goaded me to make the purchase of the pedometer. In addition to the SD card and pedometer, I bought Cheryl Burke's Disco Abs on impulse. I liked the one aerobic session I tried on ExerciseTV so I thought I'd enjoy the rest.

We'll see in the next 2 weeks how much I'll utilize and enjoy these items. For now I'm just going to track the weight and not worry about steps until I have that pedometer in my pocket!

I've only ran once with my Skechers Resistance Runner. It provided the support I need, but I didn't run an entire 5K. We ran from Robinson Park to Pine Gully Park (on the top right of the map, which probably totaled somewhere close to 2 miles, round-trip). Regardless, I'm going to try my best to run a majority for the 5K this Saturday. Chris is convinced he can run the whole thing, but shrugs.

Oh man, I can't believe how much I ate in the last 2 weeks. Here's the food roll:

Christian's Tailgate
Swiss and mushroom burger


Onion rings


Alamo Drafthouse
Midnight Espresso Milkshake


Buca di Beppo
Lasagna - don't worry I only ate 1/4 of it


Pho Anh Asian Bistro
Spring rolls with beef


Lemongrass beef and eggroll vermicelli


Samba Grille
Spinach and broccoli cream with crabmeat gratin soup

Assortment of meat and vegetables


Samba Red Snapper - I only had a taste since it was Chris' plate


More meat varieties


Another look at the vegetable medley


Trying to be good with the vegetables, but I didn't care for the sausage


Surf 'n' Turf


Chicken hearts lined up in a row - apparently not for the faint of heart, but I guess I have a hearty heart?


Blood sausage - It had a bizarre aftertaste


Grilled pineapple was an excellent complement


Moaaaaaaaaaaar Beeeeeeeeef


Onion Creek
Hippie Hollow Burger with potato salad

Close-up of the havarti fun


Olive Garden
Pork Milanese with asiago cheese tortellini


King Taco
Lengua burrito


Mikawaya
Mochilato - in no particular order (can you guess which is which?): toasted almond, green tea, coconut, creme brulee, choco-hazelnut, plum


Daikokuya
My first ramen at a restaurant experience


Green Bamboo
Dumplings


El Mercado de Los Angeles
Churro - giving in to temptation


Kogi
Short rib burrito




Il Fornaio
Lobster ravioli


Caprese


Creme brulee with Grand Mariner


Athenaeum
Green stuff my mom actually like :P


The buffet at the wedding - marinated chicken, Chilean sea bass, gourmet macaroni and cheese, polenta, roast beef


Yellow cake - one of the tiers of the wedding cake


Red velvet cake - another tier of the wedding cake


Yazmin
Murtabak


Close-up shot of the murtabak


Beef skewers


Ying Yang Noodles


"Mildly" spicy fried rice


Sam Han Korean BBQ
The raw meat that's ready to sizzle


Side dishes to complete the meal


Egg!


Texas Land and Cattle
Signature wedge salad


Peppercorn ribeye with baked sweet potato and cinnamon butter


See, a 4 lb. gain isn't too bad considering how much I ate (and many meals were not photographed). Now to increase the amount of exercise...

3 comments:

  1. Yay to the new pedometer. Let's hope this effectively tracks your workouts now without dying so prematurely.

    Haha I think I definitely need to try some of those places you went to because all those pictures have made me really hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) All these grubbing adventures await you whenever you come to Houston - a good chunk of them are in LA so maybe we can attack this plus Pink's when I come a-visitin' in September? I promise I won't eat as much though ;).

    Dude, this is going to be the most expensive pedometer - it better not die on me! I don't like pedometer/heart rate wristwatches or those monitors that strap to your chest so I don't have a back-up plan just in case it does...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Pink's ... I went there once a long time ago in college, but sounds like a plan! Just give me the heads up when the time comes so I can clear my schedule (haha not like it's ever really thattttt jam packed but just in case).

    ReplyDelete

Sedentary

Progress Report Mind: 12-day Headspace streak Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus AIAA Hous...