Weekend Reflection

April 22 nd's Results
The scale reads: --- lbs. (Didn't bother tracking this weekend since I was out of town) Goal: 127 lbs.

The awesome pedometer reads: 11290 steps (2768 aerobic steps for 28 minutes), 4.45 mi., 314 calories

April 23 rd's Results
The awesome pedometer reads: 10368 steps (960 aerobic steps for 11 minutes), 4.09 mi., 312 calories

Yesterday's Results
The awesome pedometer reads: 4663 steps (0 aerobic steps for 0 minutes), 1.83 mi., 125 calories

This weekend was a blur! Kind sir took me to see WAR (it was a free concert so we couldn't pass it up!) and the rest of the weekend was history.

WAR - making music for 41 years!

I tried to start the weekend off with some lighter and "healthier" food fare:

Cheddar's Dijon Chicken with mushrooms, broccoli, and carrots

I opted for the grilled item instead of fried goodness and ate plenty of greens and orange items.

However, it went downhill the rest of the weekend with a buffet, fatty-'n'-fast breakfast items, a trip to Wendy's, a trip to McDonald's, Easter sweets, and a round of leftovers. I can't remember the last time I indulged in Easter sweets. I have less control at family gatherings when kids are present. Without the kids around, the adults don't really care for massive heaps of sugar highs and it limits the occurrence of overindulging on sweets. On the flip side, I think I ate more fruit than usual for a weekend.

The new pedometer has kept me content. I was able to achieve my 10k steps goal 70% of the weekend! What I love most about the pedometer is the fact that I can't carelessly reset it. If I need to clear the memory, I'll need to grab a ball-point pen or a thin toothpick-like thing to push down a button on the back. I also enjoy the 7-day memory feature. This feature makes it easier to keep records of my walking activity when I don't have consistent internet or forget to write down my daily records.

I decided to go back through my old entries and enter some labels to keep track of what I blog about. Some of the reoccurring topics are not surprising at all (e.g. food and goals that needs more action). What I was most surprised about was the lack of physical activity outside of attempting to walk 10k steps/day. I was under the false impression that I had spent more quality time with my workout DVD library than I really did. I find myself doing only 1 hour of aerobics/week on average.

Starting this week, I'll try to make a conscious effort to clock in at least 2 hours of aerobics during the week. On top of the 10k steps, of course. Whenever I do an aerobic workout, I do not have the pedometer on to force myself to walk some more on top of the aerobics to reach my 10k steps.

I also notice a couple blog entries mentioning sleep. I'm still not sleeping regularly or getting good quality sleep. Maybe this is another barrier to my weight loss. I guess it's time to scrutinize and re-evaluate my commitments and responsibilities to free up more time for sleep.

What do you do to ensure adequate time and good quality sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedentary

Progress Report Mind: 12-day Headspace streak Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus AIAA Hous...