PALA: Completed

Last Month's Results
The scale reads: 145 lbs. Goal: 127 lbs.

I can't believe 8 weeks has passed already! Look what I have accomplished within that time:

I've earned the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award!


See, I earned myself some golden stars!

I could've technically had 7 shiny, golden badges of accomplishment, but I had forgotten to keep track of my steps while I was in Southern CA (The first week of the challenge). I think I actually did more walking during that trip compared to the last 7 weeks of this endeavor. I guess it was silly of me to initiate the challenge before going on the trip.

Regardless, I'm content with the results because:
  • I was able to reach my goal.
  • I was dedicated to this endeavor and a positive result came of it.
  • I got the award electronically. I wasn't going to dish out 6 buckos and some change to get the paper one with stickers and a badge.
  • There were many stressful periods during the weeks, but I walked off most of the anxiety (as you can see with the completed stars).
  • I was able to tackle this challenge while starting a new full-time position and a new school term.
  • I have greater motivation to be more active from this experience because it was actually too easy to accomplish.
  • I did not gain weight. I'm still at the mid-140 range, but this will change once I adapt to the my new daily work routine and can incorporate more exercise into my day. It's a wonder how I can get over 4000 steps in a single work day!

2 comments:

  1. Yay to the getting the PALA award! Congrats! I meant to comment earlier but I suppose life got in the way, haha which I suppose is seen from my lack of blagging. Time for me to up my game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you for the congrats!

    Life does provide interesting interruptions - I need to get back into the game, too.

    No worries about the blag. We'll slowly gain our momentum in getting active and recording our adventures again.

    ReplyDelete

Sedentary

Progress Report Mind: 12-day Headspace streak Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus AIAA Hous...