Sedentary

Progress Report
Mind:
  • 12-day Headspace streak
  • Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus
  • AIAA Houston dinner meeting on low latency telepresence
Body:
  • Making sleep a somewhat priority
  • Trying to catch up with Leslie Sansone's 6 week program
Soul:
  • Starting a new mentorship with a junior that wants to focus on programming
  • Playing "Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine" and "Columns"
  • Taking a break and getting lunch with Gary at East Star
There was a freeze on the partial government shutdown, but it seemed to amplify the discomfort of uncertainty. As colleagues return to work, the number of tasks multiply. Folks are trying to make sure we are better prepared for the next round of furloughs if things don't resolve in 2 weeks. The environment is palpably frenzied.

This was the most sedentary week of the year so far. I will work to make sure this doesn't become my nominal mode of functioning in times of stress. Like that one type of goat, I freeze and keel over. I don't pause to reflect and take appropriate corrective action, but become paralyzed with anxiety. My self-confidence gets shot down way below the deepest circle of the Inferno. The gravity of my misstep to get things done messed up my rhythm to make self-care a habit.

What contributed to the planted seat was a slippery grasp of priorities. Nutrition and fitness were clearly not the top ones this week. I gorged on acceptable Chinese buffet offerings. Adrenaline coursed through my weakened will as I try to meet deadlines for commitments outside of work. I can't defer everything. I need to pause and address the highest time-critical priority first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedentary

Progress Report Mind: 12-day Headspace streak Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus AIAA Hous...