Time for Another Good Idea, Bad Idea

Today's Results
The scale reads: 151 lbs. (Digital scale) Goal: 127 lbs.

Other aerobic activities:


Image courtesy of Fredo Alvarez via Brand Mix

Good idea: Staying physically active
Bad idea: Staying physically active when you have an inflamed arch

Dang, I should have made this another day of rest, but no, I felt compelled to walk. At the time, I thought I was over this inflamed arch business. I rested in the morning and my arch was compressed by the pressure of being under a heavy comforter. I didn't bother with the ice or the elevation because I thought, "Hey, there's only a slight tender feeling. No biggie."

I thought because of my weekend grubbing habits starting on Friday, I should at least try to burn off some of the calories consumed. The 151 figure on the digital scale really scared me, too.

I was wearing the Skechers Shape-Ups because I thought it would be more easy on the foot since it wasn't snug, I've worn it for a year, and it's always been a comfortable walk.

Yeah, what was I thinking? I'm not a superwoman with awesome healing abilities. The arch wasn't back to its usual self yet (being free of pain). On top of that, my inner thighs were sore! Why is it that after running my inner thighs get sore? I thought the hamstrings and the gluteus maximus were the prime areas to get sore.

Well, I learned my lesson. I'll be totally staying off my feet as much as I can for tomorrow to really rest. I'm elevating my feet right now on a recliner and I'll ice it tomorrow morning before the day starts.

How does one force themselves to rest when you just want to be on the move and make more progress towards your goal(s)?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Animanics. Yeah, it is definitely tough resting once you get into the groove and want to obtain your goals.

    I think for me I try really hard to remember that it'll just take longer to get back to full force if i keep pushing myself when I should really be resting.

    I guess an alternative would be to find workouts that don't stress out the legs, although I know that can be tough to find.

    ReplyDelete

Sedentary

Progress Report Mind: 12-day Headspace streak Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus AIAA Hous...