What a Grumpy Bear!

April 27th's Results
The scale reads: 144 lbs. (Analog scale... total lies) Goal: 127 lbs.

The awesome pedometer reads: 5099 steps (0 aerobic steps for 0 minutes), 2.01 mi., 139 calories

Other aerobic activities:
  • None - busy prepping for class

April 28th's Results
The scale reads: 147 lbs. (Digital scale) Goal: 127 lbs.

The awesome pedometer reads: 10232 steps (6758 aerobic steps for 65 minutes), 4.03 mi., 284 calories

Other aerobic activities:
  • Cheryl Burke's Disco Abs - I Will Survive Cardio (30 minutes)
  • Cheryl Burke's Disco Abs - The Beginner Hustle (12 minutes)
  • Walking at Independence Park

Yesterday's Results
The scale reads: 146 lbs. (Digital scale) Goal: 127 lbs.

The awesome pedometer reads: 9129 steps (1507 aerobic steps for 16 minutes), 3.6 mi., 260 calories

Other aerobic activities:
  • None - busy getting stuff done on a computer


Image courtesy of Cosmetic Candy
It's been another roller coaster week! Some days I'm just an awesome blossom with walking and keeping up with some kind of aerobic activity. The other days I'm a sedentary something-that-rhymes-with-sedentary. It's no surprise I can't stay on the lower end of the 140-150 lbs. range.

I'm glad I almost reached my 2 hours of aerobics goal this week. I am just shy a couple of minutes. It's better than last week.

I'm glad I have 2 more days in this week to try and make some progress towards my walking and aerobics goals for the week. I'm not doing too bad with the walking. In previous weeks, I would average maybe 3,000 steps (I'm just guessing since I didn't have a pedometer). What would help me reach both my walking and aerobics goal is a Treadmill desk.



Treadmill desks are costly (some start at ~$1700). I came across a blog that expounds on the wonders of this thing. The fellow lost 16 lbs. under 2 years walking at about 1 mph whenever he was at the desk. He even brags having to eat more. Wow! There was even an entry about making your own treadmill desk by purchasing a treadmill and attaching your own desk. I'm not too savvy with the power tools (I'm still clumsy like an awkward growing teenager with no true dexterity in their fingers) so I'm definitely not trying this at home.

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm a pretty grumpy bear about not being more active.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedentary

Progress Report Mind: 12-day Headspace streak Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus AIAA Hous...