Jillian Michaels "FREE" Offer... Hmm?

Today's Results
The scale reads: 141 lbs. (Analog scale - Yay! A new low on the analog scale) Goal: 127 lbs.

The awesome pedometer reads: 15404 steps (6593 aerobic steps for 67 minutes), 6.07 mi., 451 calories

Other aerobic activities:
  • Jane Fonda's Complete Workout (35 minutes)
  • Knockout Body (20 minutes)

Sleep and Food Mood Journal
8
Breakfast
  • Nature's Own™ Healthy Multi Grain with Peter Pan™ creamy peanut butter
  • Raspberry Light 'n' Fit yogurt
Mood Before:
Forced against my will. Do I really have to eat breakfast?

Mood After:
Neutral.
AM Snack
  • Mango
Mood Before:
Pressured. Didn't want it to go to waste.

Mood After:
Shocked. It took me 21 bites to finish this "small" mango.
Lunch
  • 2 Lemon chicken tenders sans sugar and curry sauce
  • Broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots with garlic and herbs
Mood Before:
Annoyed.

Mood After:
Satisfied.
PM Snack
--Skipped--
Mood Before:
--

Mood After:
--
Dinner/Supper
  • 2 Lemon chicken tenders sans sugar and curry sauce
  • Broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots with garlic and herbs
Mood Before:
Rushed. Hungry.

Mood After:
Satisfied and ready to bust out the Jane Fonda.
Evening Snack
--Skipped (since I had more than 80 bites today)--
Mood Before:
--

Mood After:
--


Image courtesy of ty.rannosaur.us
While reading fitness, I couldn't help but notice an ad for free copies of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and Shred-It. I've always heard her name in magazines, ExerciseTV, and random talk show segments. I never watched The Biggest Loser so I have no idea how her harsh, demanding intervention works with weight loss.

Shreddy shred shred. Why did she decide to call her workout "The Shred?" I think of a weak, bumbling fool. The Shredder. Shredder never effectively shred anything with those metallic spikes.

Anyways, I don't know if it's worth the $5 S&H gamble to get
  • 2 "free" DVDs
  • 2 "free" weeks access to the online diet and fitness plan (It typically costs $4/week and you're automatically billed quarterly if you forget to cancel during your free trial. It's a total of $208 if you forget about it the whole year.)
What have you heard about Jillian Michaels? Would you take up this offer?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm I don't know much about her besides the fact that she is kinda tough on people on "The Biggest Loser" and she used to be overweight as a kid until she got into some sort of martial arts.

    LOL to your use of shredder. It is a strange workout name. Not sure if it's worth it since I don't much about either item.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, maybe I should try to find these DVDs at my local library.

    I'll need to see what kind of martial arts she tried. Maybe that'll do wonders for me if I ever drum up the money to go to a local dojo?

    ReplyDelete

Sedentary

Progress Report Mind: 12-day Headspace streak Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus AIAA Hous...