80 Bites

Yesterday's Results
The scale reads: 143 lbs. (Analog scale) Goal: 127 lbs.

The awesome pedometer reads: 14821 steps (3796 aerobic steps for 39 minutes), 5.84 mi., 415 calories

Other aerobic activities:
  • Cheryl Burke's Disco Abs - That's the Way I Like It Abs (5 minutes)
  • Paula Abdul's Cardio Dance (25 minutes)

Sleep and Food Mood Journal
7
Breakfast
  • Nutella™ on a slice of Nature's Own™ Healthy Multi Grain bread
Mood Before:
Reluctant. I have to force myself to eat? Just because it's breakfast?

Mood After:
Indifferent.
AM Snack
  • Blueberries
Mood Before:
Excited. Yay, antioxidants!

Mood After:
Skeptical. How long did I have this carton of blueberries?
Lunch
  • Yellow squash with garlic and herb
  • Chicken fajita
Mood Before:
Rushed. The blueberries didn't hold me over.

Mood After:
Relieved.
PM Snack
--Skipped--
Mood Before:
--

Mood After:
--
Dinner/Supper
Mood Before:
Excited.

Mood After:
Satisfied.
Evening Snack
  • Small pink lady apple
Mood Before:
Stressed.

Mood After:
More calm.

Inspiring graduation speeches (like Conan O'Brien's recent Darmouth College address or Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford University address) not only move people to find a suitable career, but to find the courage to pursue other ventures even though there maybe naysayers and hiccups along the way. I'm my own naysayer at times and I've definitely experienced self-imposed hiccups during this weight loss endeavor. I just haven't really made it a priority. With less than a month to go before the weigh in, I need to make this a priority.

That means saying to better portion control to food items like:

King's Biergarten wienerschnitzel with a variety of sausages


Brick House's fried zucchini with sriracha


Brick House's prime rib sandwich with garlic tater tots


Pappa's BBQ Endless pork ribs


Wings 'n' More Fried Twinkies


Wings 'n' More Monte Cristo with chips


Bakkhus burger with Parmesan fries


Captain D's stuffed crab, Gulf Coast shrimp, and fried fish filet

80 Bites - The App
If my phone were smarter and part of the "i" family of Apple products, I might give the 80 Bites app a chance to help with portion control. According to Fitness, it helps stop mindless eating by tracking bites. Yes, bites. To reach your ideal weight, "experts" say, you should take no more than 80 bites per day.

What if you chomp your food? What if you're a nibbler? I don't know if this 80 bites business works for everyone. What is considered the average bite size for each person?

I'll try to count my bites. Let's see how many bites I take a day.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm just 80 bites? This seems a bit intense to count and also, as you pointed out, would vary from person to person depending on how they eat.

    Hmm I do have a hard time having breakfast too since I always grew up without. However, I hear a lot of people emphasis the need of breakfast since it apparently jump starts your metabolism early on which may help with weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was difficult for me to limit myself to 80 bites. The day after this post, I noticed in a single meal (that's considerably smaller than what I usually munch on) already takes ~25 bites.

    I didn't even try to track my bites in the last 2 days because I went to 2 different all-you-can-eats!

    ReplyDelete

Sedentary

Progress Report Mind: 12-day Headspace streak Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus AIAA Hous...