Sleep and Food Mood Journal Roll

Wow, because of this journal, I want to eat less so I don't have to record that much. I'll provide the accompanying pictures of my new eating adventures in the next post. For now, take a look at how commitments and social gatherings really do me in with my eating habits. Plus, I didn't reach 10k steps every day in the last 5 days. I had instances of over-sleeping and under-sleeping. Ironically, in both scenarios, I tend to eat more throughout the day.

I will find ways to balance good sleep, hydrating, eating, and staying more active this week.

Yesterday's Results
The scale reads: 145 lbs. (Analog scale) Goal: 127 lbs.

The awesome pedometer reads: 10093 steps (1124 aerobic steps for 10 minutes), 3.98 mi., 289 calories

Other aerobic activities:
  • Walked to and from Space Center Houston
  • Walking to the laundry area, dealing with mosquitoes, folding up large items

Sleep and Food Mood Journal
8
Breakfast
  • Italian blended vegetables (lima bean, carrot, squash, and cauliflower) with garlic herb
Mood Before:
Grumpy. I hope it won't upset my stomach since I left it in the microwave and forgot to refrigerate it

Mood After:
Indifferent.
AM Snack
  • Banana
Mood Before:
Obligated. This banana will go to waste if I don't eat it soon. Like now.

Mood After:
Dissatisfied. It was too ripe.
Lunch
--Skipped--
Mood Before:
--

Mood After:
--
PM Snack
  • Laughing Cow™ Creamy Swiss and Ritz™ crackers
Mood Before:
Need to fulfill myself. Something is lacking here.

Mood After:
Indifferent.
Dinner/Supper
  • Pink lemonade
  • Potato salad
  • Mixed green with balsamic vinaigrette
  • Brisket
  • Chicken breast
  • Sausage
  • Garlic toast
  • Peach cobbler
Mood Before:
Busy like a drone.

Mood After:
Glad I had a hearty meal in good company
Evening Snack
--Skipped--
Mood Before:
--

Mood After:
--

June 20th's Results
The scale reads: 147 lbs. (Digital scale) Goal: 127 lbs.

The awesome pedometer reads: 4801 steps (0 aerobic steps for 0 minutes), 1.89 mi., 122 calories

Sleep and Food Mood Journal
6
Breakfast
  • Strawberry Mini Wheats with 2% milk
  • 2 healthy grain slices of bread with Nutella
Mood Before:
Destroy guilt about being wasteful. Must eat things before their "Best By" date.

Mood After:
Indifferent.
AM Snack
  • Blueberries
Mood Before:
Fogged up. Need some clarity.

Mood After:
Yay, antioxidants!
Lunch
--Skipped--
Mood Before:
--

Mood After:
--
PM Snack
  • Cheetos Jalapeño cheddar
Mood Before:
Weak. Giving into temptation.

Mood After:
Satisfied.
Dinner/Supper
  • Chicken fajita
  • Italian blended vegetables (lima bean, carrot, squash, and cauliflower) with garlic herb
Mood Before:
Rushed. Need sustenance before a long night of class.

Mood After:
Indifferent.
Evening Snack
--Skipped--
Mood Before:
--

Mood After:
--

June 19th's Results
The scale reads: 147 lbs. (Digital scale) Goal: 127 lbs.

The awesome pedometer reads: 6506 steps (0 aerobic steps for 0 minutes), 2.56 mi., 178 calories

Sleep and Food Mood Journal
9
Breakfast
  • Denny's chicken fried steak with hash browns, scrambled eggs (seasoned with pepper), and wheat toast
  • 1/2 of a full grain wheat praline pancake
Mood Before:
Anxious. The line for Father's Day is scary anywhere. When are we going to get seated?

Mood After:
Content. Sharing food with kind sir is great.
AM Snack
--Skipped--
Mood Before:
--

Mood After:
--
Lunch
--Skipped--
Mood Before:
--



Mood After:
--
PM Snack
--Skipped--
Mood Before:
--

Mood After:
--
Dinner/Supper
  • 1 bag of popcorn
  • Hot dog on toasted wheat bread with mustard
Mood Before:
Demanding. I want more time with kind sir. I want comfort foods. I want to watch a movie.

Mood After:
Satisfied.
Evening Snack
--Skipped--
Mood Before:
--

Mood After:
--

June 18th's Results
The scale reads: 147 lbs. (Digital scale) Goal: 127 lbs.

The awesome pedometer reads: 4800 steps (2183 aerobic steps for 25 minutes), 1.89 mi., 132 calories

Sleep and Food Mood Journal
8
Breakfast
  • Eggs with a sprinkle of Frank's hot sauce
  • Papitas
  • Baked beans
  • 2 slices of Spam
Mood Before:
Recalcitrant. Do I really have to eat now?

Mood After:
Subdued. I guess it was a good thing I ate.
AM Snack
  • Cheetos Flammin' Hots - Limón Crunchy
  • Fritos with Tapatío
Mood Before:
Unsettled.

Mood After:
Remorse. Probably overdid it.
Lunch
--Skipped--
Mood Before:
--

Mood After:
--
PM Snack
--Skipped--
Mood Before:
--

Mood After:
--
Dinner/Supper
  • Pappa's all-you-can-eat pork ribs (5 1/2 ribs)
  • 1 slice of white bread
  • A bite of cucumber salad
Mood Before:
Excited. For only $9 + tax I get to eat all the ribs I want.

Mood After:
Over-satiated. I wish they were more tender and fall-off-the-bone-like. My jaw kind of hurts!
Evening Snack
  • Banana cream cake slice
  • Oreo ice cream
Mood Before:
Happy

Mood After:
Happier

June 17th's Results
The scale reads: (I didn't weigh myself today) Goal: 127 lbs.

The awesome pedometer reads: 4706 steps (0 aerobic steps for 0 minutes), 1.85 mi., 134 calories

Other aerobic activities:
  • Cheryl Burke's Disco Abs - I Will Survive Cardio (30 minutes)
  • Cheryl Burke's Disco Abs - The Beginner Hustle (12 minutes)
Sleep and Food Mood Journal
6
Breakfast
  • Cantaloupe
  • Banana
  • Light and Fit Pear Yogurt
Mood Before:
Rushing. Gotta go!

Mood After:
Pacified. At least I have something in my belly
AM Snack
  • Starbucks™ Iced Caramel Macchiato (Tall)
Mood Before:
Pressured. I'm here for the third time this week.

Mood After:
Annoyed. The barista overcharged me. Oh well, that's the tip they get for me being here thrice in one week and not paying until now.
Lunch
  • Bowtie pasta salad
  • Eggplant + chicken breast sandwich
Mood Before:
Adrenaline rush. These Texas High School Aerospace Scholars have good heads on those shoulders. They definitely know more than I do at that age and was more ambitious to pursue help and greater understanding of the opportunities that lie ahead for them.

Mood After:
Gluttonous. Man, how many calories have I consumed already?
PM Snack
  • Berrylicious yogurt (mango, Irish mint, New York cheesecake, coconut, Reese's flavors)
Mood Before:
Timid. I'm just going to get a little bit.

Mood After:
Scared. Man, those machines dispense yogurt too quickly. I got more than I wanted.
Dinner/Supper
  • Zucchini appetizer with sriracha sauce
  • Prime rib (with provolone and onion straws and dip) sandwich
  • Garlic Parmesan fries
  • Strawberry daiquiri
Mood Before:
Adventurous. I'd like to try something new in Galveston.

Mood After:
Bloated. Disappointed, yet satisfied.
Evening Snack
  • Cantaloupe
Mood Before:
Guilty.

Mood After:
At least I ate some more fruit.

June 16th's Results
The scale reads: 144 lbs. (Analog scale) Goal: 127 lbs.

The awesome pedometer reads: 10060 steps (6155 aerobic steps for 55 minutes), 3.96 mi., 273 calories

Sleep and Food Mood Journal
7
Breakfast
  • Stale Apple Jacks™ + 2% Milk
Mood Before:
Annoyed. Man, this new, big box expired and I didn't eat it yet. I should see if it's still good

Mood After:
Disappointed. I shouldn't have done that. It tastes horrible
AM Snack
--Skipped--
Mood Before:
--

Mood After:
--
Lunch
  • Baked catfish
  • Steamed carrots, broccoli, cauliflower
  • Cantaloupe
Mood Before:
Desperate. I should eat something

Mood After:
Satisfied
PM Snack
  • Starbucks™ Strawberry frappe
  • Pringles™ Multigrain Cheddar
  • Watermelon
Mood Before:
Pressured. I've been hanging out at Starbucks and not really purchasing anything. Thank goodness Angie's kind enough to treat me to a beverage.

Mood After:
Guilty. Boo. Empty calories.
Dinner/Supper
  • Cucumber salad
  • Austrian potatoes
  • Sauerkraut
  • Baguette slices
  • Wiener schnitzel
  • Spicy chicken bratwurst (chicken, Swiss cheese, apples, jalapeño peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach)
  • Grilled bratwurst (Traditional bratwurst with fresh onions, garlic, and parsley)
  • Weisswurst (white ground pork sausage with parsley and onions - supposedly the tradition sausage of Oktoberfest)
  • Horseradish
  • Mustard
Mood Before:
Adventurous. I'd like to try something new

Mood After:
Relieved. I'm glad I've tried authentic German food that tastes decent and was more fulfilling than it looked
Evening Snack
  • Watermelon
Mood Before:
Sweet tooth!

Mood After:
Proud. I had the self control to say "No" to ice cream and eat something a little healthier.

1 comment:

  1. Ah it is incredibly tough if everyone around you enjoys going out to eat a lot. But kudos for keeping up a journal and being more conscious about your food choices.

    You're definitely getting in fruit, which is good. It might be a better snack alternative since you feel guilty with the other snacks you've been having.

    Man you sure do drink more water than I get a chance to. Maybe that's why I'm always just a little bit thirsty haha.

    ReplyDelete

Sedentary

Progress Report Mind: 12-day Headspace streak Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus AIAA Hous...