Sleep and Food Mood Journal

Yesterday's Results
The scale reads: 144 lbs. (Analog scale) Goal: 127 lbs.

The awesome pedometer reads: 4527 steps (0 aerobic steps for 0 minutes), 1.78 mi., 144 calories

Other aerobic activities:
  • Cheryl Burke's Disco Abs (30 minutes)
  • Cheryl Burke's Disco Abs - That's the Way I Like It Abs (5 minutes)
  • Dance Your Body Thin - Get Fit Club Mix (10 minutes)

Sleep and Food Mood Journal
7
Breakfast
  • Laughing Cow™ Creamy Swiss with Ritz™ Crackers
Mood Before:
Famished, tired, impatient

Mood After:
Satisfied and energized to do more
AM Snack
  • Blueberry açaí light and fit
  • 3.5 oz popcorn
Mood Before:
Annoyed of waiting and bordering on stressed

Mood After:
Neutral - glad I had something in the belly
Lunch
--Skipped--
Mood Before:
--

Mood After:
--
PM Snack
--Skipped--
Mood Before:
--

Mood After:
--
Dinner/Supper
  • Baked catfish
  • Steamed medley of carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower
Mood Before:
I need something to eat

Mood After:
Satisfied
Evening Snack
  • Mango
Mood Before:
Excited I made some food that helped free up the freezer

Mood After:
Refreshed

June 13th's Results
The scale reads: 147 lbs. (Digital scale) Goal: 127 lbs.

The awesome pedometer reads: 13548 steps (8862 aerobic steps for 104 minutes), 5.34 mi., 408 calories

I've been looking at some old pictures and truly see how I've packed on the pounds over the last 3 years. Yikes!

My personal analog chronicle of food adventures (It's a good ol' Dollar Tree weekly planner where I fill the pages not just with birthdays, appointments, and commitments, but with a list of food I've eaten during the day, my overall mood for the day, and things I've purchased) has not helped the weight loss so I started looking around for a better way to journal my eating habits. For greater accountability, I'll make it a digital journal starting with yesterday's results. I plan to keep this up for 21 days to see if any patterns emerge with my eating habits.

I guess I'm not fully hydrated either so I'm going to try and keep tabs on how many fl. oz. of water I consume. I will try to drink more than 64 fl. oz. (4 water bottles) every day. I usually drink from water bottles. I know it's not eco-friendly and I end up spending lots of money, but regardless of how many times I filter the water that comes out of my apartment's tap, I feel uneasy using it to hydrate. I don't think it's potable. It has a foul taste and rusts up the sink/faucet easily and often. I can always boil water, too, but again, I don't know how much I can trust that water.

Take heart, I do recycle these water bottles. Living in CA has made recycling a habit. Most parts of Houston doesn't offer recycle pick up so it seems pointless to recycle since you waste gas and release noxious fumes from your vehicle just getting to the recycle drop off locations. However, Chris' side of town does pick up recyclables and I take advantage of that.

I haven't kept track of how many hours I've slept the night before. I know I've been pretty good lately, but I think it would be worth it to pen this down digitally. I'll keep note of how many hours of sleep I was running on and see if it affects my eating habits and moods.

As I've said in an older post, I know I shouldn't fuss over the data, but maybe it'll help bring some habits that need some correcting. Let's hope I can keep this up. If I don't have any topic to blog about, this "Sleep and Food Mood Journal" is enough motivation to publish a post to keep track of what I'm doing every day.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm a digital journal eh? Looks pretty nifty, I have yet to figure out how you create such fancy things on your blag.

    But sounds like a promising start. I know it is definitely difficult to track food and ensure you're eating the correct proportion and eating healthy. I still don't really know much about it besides the basics. I really should learn though since it would help with endurance sports (and life in general).

    So kudos on finding new ways to keep track. Maybe it will help me learn a thing or two about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinking the right amount of water can really make a difference in our health. Water is so important. I have been drinking an average of a minimum of 2 liters a day and I can tell you that I feel more energized, and my acne seems to have gone down tremendously.

    I'm very curious to see the positive effects these new changes will have on you!

    Keep it up!

    Oh and by the way, I'm diggin' the new digital journal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thanks for the support of the new digital journal, Susy and Ruby!

    It was based off of this template and another one I can't find the link for. If you'd like to see the other one, I'll send you the PDF.

    I also found this article about eating certain things to combat a particular mood.

    ReplyDelete

Sedentary

Progress Report Mind: 12-day Headspace streak Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus AIAA Hous...