Triple Jam

March 15's Results
The scale reads: lbs. Goal: 127 lbs. I spent 3 days with my aunt, but I totally don't trust that digital scale. I should have considering that's the scale we'll use for the weigh in August. However, I want to know where I really am so I'll just stick with the readings from the digital scale I bought from Wal*Mart. I'll check in with my analog scale to keep up the habit.

The stupid Wal*mart pedometer reads: 13516 steps, 3.413 mi., 560.7 calories

Other aerobic activities:
  • Nothing - 13k steps is pretty good

March 16's Results
The scale reads: lbs. Goal: 127 lbs.

The stupid Wal*mart pedometer reads: 15264 steps, 3.854 mi., 633.3 calories

Other aerobic activities:
  • Nothing - I think walking 5000 extra steps was good enough for the day!

Yesterday's Results
The scale reads: lbs. Goal: 127 lbs.

The stupid Wal*mart pedometer reads: 10169 steps, 2.567 mi., 418.7 calories

Other aerobic activities:


Image courtesy of Castle Party Rental
Three posts in one. Blame it on the lack of internet access. Actually it was kind of good that I didn't have consistent internet access so I could take a vacation from being digitally connected. It also gave me more time to walk around and surpass my 10k/day goal (even though the pedometer provides questionable figures).

I'm confident if I had a Triple Jam machine at home, I'd have a stronger upper body. This would be the one thing that would motivate me to work out my arms and upper body coordination. When I was under-aged and forced to find some amusement at Circus Circus' Midway arcade (while the adults tried their luck with the slots) I would invest 96% of my tokens on this one game. I honestly didn't care too much about the basketball aspect of the activity. I like the satisfaction of being able to score lots of points and making three baskets in one shot. The fact that all the baskets moved left and right was quite vexing, but it made it so much more fulfilling when you do make all three.

Boy, did I feel sore in the days to come.

When I have kids, we all know I'll be renting a moon walker and a Triple Jam machine for their birthday parties. Not for them. For me.

It was really hard to say no to food when I'm with family. Especially in the last 3 days with my aunt and cousins. Home cooked meals. Delicious buffet outings. Being around other foodies. I thought I did pretty well conquering this obstacle by limiting the number of plates at the buffets and walking the extra steps. I typically attack buffets with 3-5 plates (including dessert), but it went down to 2-3 plates over the last 2 days. Then again, one can argue that what I had on the plate was like eating 3-5 plates. I consumed a ridiculous amount of fried seafood goodness. I can't deprive myself of what I enjoy, but I certainly need to learn how to make those portions smaller. OR I can just do what I used to do: clock in an extra 30 minutes of aerobic activity.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Good job on keeping up with the aerobic exercise. Yeah, it's always tough around family because a lot of things they eat are incredibly tasty but does take a toll on one's health.

    Keep up the good work though! I'm sure you did exercise a good amount of portion control and at a buffet of all places! Portion control needs to be done gradually, because if it's too big of a change, you'll just end up miserable which makes it harder to keep up.

    So I think you're off to a great start really. Keep it up and you'll reach your goals in no time. Triple Jam eh? I think I always avoided that machine since I lost often and was a bit of a sore loser back then ... haha I swear it was just back then ...

    Take your time to find the right workout for you. Haha I'm surprised you didn't mention that boxing game you like (the one you played way back when, when we were at Dave & Busters).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I still love MoCap Boxing, but I end cheating all the time so what kind of work out would that be? :P

    ReplyDelete

Sedentary

Progress Report Mind: 12-day Headspace streak Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus AIAA Hous...