Use focus. Your best karate still inside. Now time let out!

Yesterday's Results
The scale reads: 144 lbs. (Analog scale) Goal: 137 lbs.

The stupid Wal*mart pedometer reads: 8239 steps, 2.08 mi., 341.8 calories

Other aerobic activities:
  • Sweeping and vacuuming

Hi-ya! Karate chop my lack of focus! I only needed under 2000 steps to reach my 10k/day goal. I think light chores can count as aerobics, right? If time had permitted, I would've done some mopping, too.

Time is not on my side right now. I read from About.com that "[y]ou start deconditioning in about two weeks if you stop exercise altogether. Once lost, it takes nearly three times as long to recondition as it took to 'detrain.'" So, I haven't really been keeping a consistent workout regimen for nearly a year. Will it take me three years to recondition? I kid, I kid. However, I do see less definition since the high school days so I need invest the time.


Image courtesy of CelebrityBeautyBuzz.com

I need to stop relying on my Skechers Shape-Ups to do the work for me. Sometimes I wonder if I should have waited for the newer versions (that have a lower profile and look less awkward). When I first started, I thought that instability was awesome. Now I've probably reached a plateau and don't even get a physical challenge walking on them. Chris agrees that it has helped maintain some tone to a certain extent, but I need to continue with some other types of workouts.

Enough chit chat. It's still early and I should get a move on some aerobics or other chores.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, chores can definitely be grueling. I know I get tired battling the mess in my room, and it's still not as clean as I would like.

    Hmmm interesting comment from active.com, I do think I remember hearing something like that or reading it from the newspaper. I think it was definitely easier back then just because we had a structure that had some sort of exercise required. But once that ended, it's been much harder to get back to how fit we may have been back then.

    Did not know you had been using those shape-ups. I really think it's much like any exercise, once you get used to it, it means you have to ramp it up by increasing weight and such.

    But good job on keeping active, I know it's uber tough when you're working and going to school. I know I wasn't half as active as you are now when I had a full class load, so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure miss stair climbing. Bravo made it so easy to include stair climbing into your day. I live on the second floor (a lot of 2 floor apartments in Houston do not have elevators!), but those stairs have nothing on the Bravo stairs. The Shape-Ups really do help challenge me going up the stairs though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha what memories. Now that you mention it, I do remember you were always gung-ho about stair climbing. I'm surprised I was remotely "fit" back then, what with my eating habits (or lack there of because I never ate at school).

    ReplyDelete

Sedentary

Progress Report Mind: 12-day Headspace streak Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus AIAA Hous...