Haute Wheels - Not Leading the Way!

Yesterday's Results
The scale reads: 148 lbs. Goal: 127 lbs.

The not-so-awesome pedometer reads: 3230 steps (0 aerobic steps for 0 minutes), 1.27 mi., 83 calories - seriously, how can it read that? I walked 2 floors of a museum, walked around an herb garden, and walked across a couple of parking lots!


May 27th's Results
The scale reads: 148 lbs. (Digital scale - I knew the analog scale's results were too good to be true) Goal: 127 lbs.

The awesome pedometer reads: 7000 steps (1177 aerobic steps for 12 minutes), 2.76 mi., 197 calories

Other aerobic activities:
  • Does yelling at the top of my lungs while navigating through what looks like LA traffic at 4pm along 610 and I-45 count?

Two weeks ago, there was a food truck fest in Houston, but I was not completely thrilled. A lot of my sentiments about the event mirror the Yelp reviews, but I need to cut a little slack. It was the first year the organizers tried to pull this off. Chris, my cousins, and I were there for about 3 hours and we only had the opportunity to try 3 out of 10+ trucks there. Chris was able to see Two Star Symphony and I was introduced to Roky Moon and Bolt, which had a retro touch that made me smile.


Roky Moon and Bolt

In lieu of disgruntled gargle, let's see the brighter side of the event through the following picture roll. More pictures will be posted on a Facebook album.


We passed this long line because we had bought ($17!!!) tickets (which did not cover the food, only 5 drink tickets, which would give you 1 full cup of choiced non/alcoholic beverage or a single ticket would give you a 2 oz. sample of something) ahead of time.


My introduction to Rahr beer. I only drank 2 oz. of the blonde and it was all right.


Katfish Kitchen - something that seemed more worthwhile than what I purchased below (in terms of quantity and price anyways). They gave you a sizable to-go box filled with catfish, hushpuppies, and shrimp?


Bullbutter Bros. Barbecue was another one I wanted to try, but didn't have the chance. BBQ truck! Only in Texas, of course.


Angie's Cake - interesting idea (a new take on the cupcake), but as blasphemous as it sounds, I don't care about dessert trucks. There are too many of them if you ask me.

On the other hand, mosey over to their website. I think they do an excellent job blogging about their holiday creations.


Eatsie Boys was the first truck we actually got food from.


Eatsie Boys' "No Sleep 'til Philly"
Ribeye with homemade cheese whiz, onions, on a slow dough baguette
Wait time: 45 minutes :(


Eatsie Boys' "Da Bomb"
Marinated chicken, cucumber, jalapeño, cilantro, avocado hoisin soy vinaigrette on a slow dough baguette
Wait time: 1 hour :(


Oh My Kogi! doesn't compare to Kogi in LA (Thanks to Melva who introduced this Korean-Mexican fusion delight to me). It took them a while to set up because they didn't have a generator. A lot of the trucks were under the impression the event organizers would provide them one, but nope. :(


Oh My Kogi!'s pork and (2) beef tacos
Meat, lettuce, salsa vinaigrette
Wait time: 40? minutes


Free Community Coffee - a New Orleans staple. I usually don't consume these bitter beans, but for a freebie, I liked mine iced and in a variety of flavors (mocha and French vanilla was available).


Chris is a happy boy with his regular, hot cup of Community


It was this crushed ice liquor thing. The peach flavor was better.


It's a Wrap's "Bangkok Dangerous"
Thai beef lettuce wrap with basmati rice
Wait time: 30? minutes


It's a Wrap's "The Jerk"
Jamaican jerk chicken with mango salsa and spicy cream cheese
Wait time: 30? minutes


It's a Wrap's "Bollywood"
Indian spicy chicken with onion, tomato, and cilantro chutney
Wait time: 30? minutes


It's a Wrap's fried macaroni and cheese
Wait time: 30? minutes


Mint and honey is actually not a good mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedentary

Progress Report Mind: 12-day Headspace streak Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus AIAA Hous...