Body and Mind Protest Being Chained Together

Progress Report
Mind:
  • 39 days strong on Headspace
Body:
  • Wobbled off schedule on Leslie Sansone's 6 Week Challenge for 1 day, but straightened the track
Soul:
  • STEM Outreach: CCISD Science Fair judging and Future Cities essay judging (looking forward to the presentations/model judging in Saturday)

I certainly feel that listless stagnation in the body when my mind numbingly drags along. The mind is distracted from every digital squirrel of media hearsay related to happenings on ISS operations and the stalemate in DC. Tiring is an understatement. My body seems to crave more sleep. Diurnal inactivity of sitting at the desk, trying to maintain productivity at work in a lowered morale environment, leads to a sofa coma when I return home at dusk. I awkwardly laid my head on the sofa pillow one evening and now I am struggling with a weird knot in back muscles that support the neck. I gingerly turn my head left or right to verify peripheral sightings. Attempts to disrobe work clothing after a mind-numbing day lead to muffled chants of "why-oh-whys" and contorted masks of facial expressions.

Where is my natural high-energy state of mind? It feels fettered by my hibernating body. Temperatures will dip below 20 over the weekend. Some days are shrouded in overcast. I just want to curl up in this knock-off Snuggie (a.k.a. grandpa's XXXL Dickies jacket that I took for comfort and warmth in my UCSD days). Cue Wilson Phillips' "Release Me" in stereo.

The government (partial) shutdown is still ongoing and continues to summons feelings of unrest and uncertainty. Some civil servants protested for resolution at the front gates yesterday afternoon, but did it stir any action for our nation's leaders? I'm not sure. It stirred concern for loved ones. Got a call and text to see if I'm OK during the commotion. I guess am for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedentary

Progress Report Mind: 12-day Headspace streak Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus AIAA Hous...