Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything

Yesterday's Results
The scale reads: 145 lbs.??? This analog scale is probably off from 3-5 lbs. (I guess I have to put a +/- 3 tolerance level on these readings?) Goal: 137 lbs.

The stupid Wal*mart pedometer reads: 3065 steps, 0.773 mi., 127.1 calories (LIES! How could almost an hour's worth of walking yield only these numbers?)

Other aerobic activities:
  • Power walking across Johnson Space Center to get to furthest parking lot in a 1/2" heels
  • Climbed a couple flights of stairs

My chopsticks skills are going downhill. Catching a noodle or a single grain of rice would be an accomplishment already. No, I wasn't using one of those waxy, plastic ones. I'm even talking about those wooden or bamboo ones. No go. I guess it's a good thing? It's like a mini exercise of patience and dexterity. I guess it's a struggle to exercise the forearms? I guess using chopsticks is a vehicle for portion control - as long as I don't use it as a tool for shoveling or spearing food into the cavernous palate. If I took all the painstaking time to use chopsticks properly, the food would settle in my stomach much faster and I'd probably be full much faster.

I ate the whole friggin' steak-with-cilantro-lime-rice-and-cilantro-ranch-sauce-on-a-spinach-tortilla Bullrito yesterday. I couldn't help it. It was my first time trying it and the chain has been sitting across the street from me with wild fanfare for the last 3 months.

Everyone was telling me it was worthwhile. It's not Chipotle, but I still enjoyed it. It doesn't matter if it gets messy, I feel weird forking a burrito. I feel like the fork helps me eats it faster. If I had to eat any burrito with chopsticks, it would be awkward, but it would have prevented me from eating the whole thing (out of frustration and poor motor skills).

Have you ever tried catching a fly with a pair of chopsticks? It actually sounds kind of disgusting, but it is impressive, nevertheless. I wonder how much wisdom is in this Miyagi-ism. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Hmm does seem like your pedometer is outta whack. I can help look into something that might be more accurate. Haha although if you want something super accurate, you can always invest in a GPS watch. It would probably last for awhile too, but quite a bit to shell out as you can imagine.

    Ah portion control is always tough. Everything in the US is much too large now and it's hard to gauge what's too much these days when you're used to such large portions. Some people have had luck with apparently eating 6 small snack portion food in a day, instead of 3 large meals. Apparently having that 6 snack portion throughout the day keeps the metabolism going and prevents you from eating a lot in one sitting

    Never caught flies with my chopstick, I think I'm too freaked out about the germs/bacteria to even try haha.

    But good luck on your goals! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Sedentary

Progress Report Mind: 12-day Headspace streak Challenge of picking up jQuery in a short amount of time after a long hiatus AIAA Hous...